Saturday 9 May 2009

Ground Force in Action


I am lucky in having some great neighbours.

Betty, who lives across the road, is particularly cool. She is 82 and a great laugh. I found out this week that she has been let down by someone she paid to do a bit of work in her garden. Betty still grows loads of veg but finds digging and doing the grownd work a bit tough these days.

I would like to think that I was feeling very community spirited when I had my bright idea to help out (I wasn't though, I was on my way back from the pub, so in all honesty I was feeling a bit pissed). I decided to rally some mates (drunk texting with a purpose, how strange) and get a crew over to help.

Thanks to Gen, Keir and Karen for getting out of bed this morning. It only took us a couple of hours between us to dig Betty's beds and discover Keir's suppressed topiary skills.

2 comments:

  1. That was a very kind thin to do for your neighbor! take care, cinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it wasn't Steve Jolly that she originally hired!!!!

    ReplyDelete