Tuesday 19 May 2009

Early Mid Week Slump


Christ,I'm knackered with no good reason!

Gen and I were supposed to play silly tennis tonight (so called as we are so embarrassingly crap), we never got it together. But she feels crap too (what a relief) this now means that I have the time finally to get a batch of nettle beer on the go.

There are loads of different nettle beer recipes floating about the tinty web I use a River Cottage one. Having said that I don't know what today's batch will turn out like, as I'm going a bit free style. I don't have enough caster sugar so am going to use a mix of demorara and whatever I can find it the cupboard.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pip,
    Congratulations on starting your blog!

    Mmmm nettle beer sounds good. Love the flavour of nettles.

    I'll be watching your allottment with interest - have just started a tiny roof garden with a few old tin cans and a peanutbutter jar...

    Abi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abi,

    Hmm, I'm not sure how that particular batch is going, its a bit funny coloyur at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

    Email me your address and I'll send you some seed!

    Pip

    ReplyDelete