Monday 7 September 2009

Plenty Produce


The allotments really keeping us well fed at the moment. We have had loads of marrows, courgettes, chard and beans. There are some very very tasty pumpkins coming up too. We had our first one roasted with a drizzle of olive oil and some rosemary from the garden.

We are all pretty sick of marrow though. I have been making picalli with them as I usually do with runner gluts. My picalli recipe is in Septembers Kitchen Garden magazine along with some snaps of the garden at home. I always wanted to be on the cover of a magazine when I was a kid but I have to admit K.G was probably not my first choice! (I'm still very chuffed though)

Now I have a fixed lap top and found the camera thingy I shall get a few of my glut recipes on as I have been very busy in the kitchen pickling, brewing, jamming and generally finding 1001 things to do with chard!

No comments:

Post a Comment