Monday 14 September 2009

Bee's


I am lucky enough t live by two parks. One is just at the end of my street and is perfect for walking the hound before work, the other is quite a bit grander and larger but is still only a five minute walk away. The larger also has, hidden away, an apiary (that's a load of bee hive to you and me!)

Last year when walking the dog in the bigun I noticed that ne of the hives had fallen over. There is a sign with the Apiary Managers number on, so I called him to let him know. This led to him doing a bit of a sales job on me, trying to persuade me to join in. I have to say I was not immediately up for it but the thought of keeping my own bees has niggled away at me over the year.

So that is basically how I found myself all kitted up like a member of the klu klux klan in the park last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment