Friday 5 June 2009

Woo Hoo Back On Line


Finally the old tintyweb thing is sorted!

Check out the snap of my first try at Red Onion Marmalade. I made it for a colleague's birthday (I did also put in for the collection, I'm not that tight!). Lovely Verity drew a nice label for it too. I have seen a recipe for Red Onion Marmalade before but I didn't have one to hand when I made it so I winged it. Its worked out pretty well too!

Basically to make about 3 average size jars I used a bag of red onions, a packed of light brown sugar, 3 or 4 red birds eye chilli's, almost a whole bottle of red wine vinegar and about two and a half glasses or red wine, some good sprigs of thyme from the garden and a few bay leaves. I gently sauteed the onions & chili (for quite a long time) till they were very soft then added the herbs, sugar and everything else. Bring to the boil and then tern to a rolling simmer for about an hour. When its all nice and congealed and sticky, stick it into steralised jars.I think it shouls keep for a couple of months.

I had some with veg sausage in a wrap for lunch. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment